Wednesday, March 28, 2012

link usage by ajax framework

HI, I am new using ajax... so..I created a small project with a few controls inside a page.I was doing well every think fine.So I started a web test project to see the impact of using ajax inside my page (link usage)...and what I see was a use of a "library" off size 250Kb ...Is this correct I doing something wrong ?

The controls that I was testing was part off the toolkit

Hi,

According to my understanding, you noticed a .js file with size of 250 KB was downloaded.

This is the correct behavior. Actually, AJAX is implemented with javascript, which will be responsible for sending request asynchronously, update contents on the web form. And there are also a lot auxiliary methods and objects.

So, it's normal to see this.

Just pay attention to changing the debug mode to false in web.config before you are going to deploy your application.


I would like to know if this .js will be downloaded at each post in the page? For navigation between different pages that use Ajax technology .js will be downloaded several times? What I expected is that .js was to be downloaded only once. But my tests don't show this! Am I correct? Or I am loosing something Thank you Very Much

You need to set debug to false in web.config.

No comments:

Post a Comment