Monday, March 26, 2012

ListView / ItemView

Hi,

I wonder what happened to these controls.
If I take a look at thedocumentation I don't see them nor the Sys.UI.Data namespace where I believe they could be found in. Did that namespace and the underlying "controls" dissapear in favour of something else?

Also I heard at TechEd 2006 Barcelona that xml-script is likely to dissapear. Anyone knows what's going on about these?

Grz, Kris.

hello.

the las ttime i've looked, they were in the future bits, in the Sys.Preview.UI.Data namespace. xml-script is still there too, with lots of improvements when compared with the previous versions. i hope that, with time, they do add these features to the core bits...

So that's probably why I didn't find any documentation about it. Too bad. And yes I hope some of the CTP stuff gets into the Extensions pack as well.

Actually, which reflection tool do you use to take a peek into those namespaces?

Grz, Kris.


hello.

well, if you're speaking about the client side, then i don't use any. i just opne the js file a read it when i need something...

Hi,

you could check thisJavascript Class Browser byEilon Lipton. You should be able to browse also the types in the Futures CTP.


hello guys!

well, but you really don't want to loose the thrill of going through lines and lines of javscript, right?

Luis Abreu:

well, but you really don't want to loose the thrill of going through lines and lines of javscript, right?

No, I don't mind but first I need to get a better grasp of the Microsoft AJAX specific code. Yesterday I already did make a mistake with the $addHandler instead of add_EventName for which I apparently made the mistake to think that I should be using $addHandler. So first the basic steps before I can run. Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it.

Grz, Kris.


hello.

well, currently i think that there are one or two problems with the $addHandler (for instance, it doesn't work when you try to handle and event form a control maintained in another frame). however, i do believe that you should be using it in order to get browser independence error handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment