Monday, March 26, 2012

ListSearchExtender Prompttext

Hi,

I'm using the ListSearchExtender in an intranet application. The application needs to be multilanguage, so I set the prompttext in the codebehind to a string in my resource files. But then, the application needs about 20 seconds for loading. Without setting the prompttext, it's done in 3 seconds.

I'm using this code:

ListSearchExtender1.PromptText = GetLocalResourceObject("LSEPromptText").ToString();

Has anyone an idea what to do?

Regards

Flo

why don't you set it in the aspx page by adding

meta:resourcekey="ListSearchExtender1Resource1"

to the list search extender's properties and then in the resource file add an entry key for

ListSearchExtender1Resource1.PromptText

then set the value to whatever you want it to be. That's what I did and it loads normally for all languages.


I have no idea why I didn't it that way. I used it in other applications... But thanks for the hint, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment