Monday, March 26, 2012

ListView - whats the point?

The Tasklist sample has the following code (which doesn't seem to work):

<application>
<load>
<invokeMethodAction target="listsDataSource" method="load" />
</load>
</application>


Can anyone confirm that they can successfully run the Tasklist sample, add a couple of Lists, exit and re-run the sample and have the lists load at startup? This doesn't work for me.

Also, I'm confused by themethod="load" code. Previous docs and samples hadmethod="select" which I took to be matching theDataObjectMethodType.Select attribute on the web-service.

Either way, this code doesn't appear to work...

While I'm here, what exactly is the point of the ListView template control? It doesn't maintain itself over postbacks. Am I missing something here?

Confused of London, UK.

hello.

are you talking about the client side control?


Hi - thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm talking about the xml-script ListView template control in the Preview. It's used in the TaskList sample. From what I can see, it doesn't render after a partial postback.


hello

the client ajax controls aren't supposed to maintain state between postbacks. with those controls, you should call web services in order to get data from the server side.

No comments:

Post a Comment