Monday, March 26, 2012

ListSearchExtender (with a CascadingDropdownExtender)

Hi,

I'm using the ListSeachExtender as was intended, on a dropdown looking up from the list and finding based on what I've typed. The problem I'm having is that the OnChange event is never firing so I'm not getting the desired result when in fact the selected item is changing. I'm using this in combination with the CascadingDropDown extender but because the OnChange isn't firing my second DDL is not being populated with the correct results. Is there some way I can fire the OnChange event to get the desired result?

Thanks,
Dan

It should be fired when the element is selected by the ListSearch behavior in the else block. Please open awork item to track this. Thanks!

// If nothing is found then stick with the current option

if(selectedIndex == -1) {

// Need this because firefox has aleady changed the current option based on the character typed

this._newIndex =this._originalIndex;

}else {// Otherwise move to the new option

element.selectedIndex = selectedIndex;

this._newIndex = selectedIndex;

}


I've added a work item: http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8771

No comments:

Post a Comment