Monday, March 26, 2012

ListBox not raising event or makes full postBack

I have a ListBox that needs to be updated depending on selections made on another ListBox. The problem I have is that theSelectedIndexChanged event is not raised. If I put AutoPostback="True" (which worked in my little test app that I created first), it performs a full PostBack.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Any ideas a more than welcome.

Hi,

Have you add the eventhandler to your listbox?
<asp:ListBoxID="ListBox1"runat="server"OnSelectedIndexChanged="ListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged">


Sure I did. And have something in the handler just to make sure the second ListBox is updated.


Does a single update panel contains both the listbox. If the parent listbox is outside the update panel then create a AsyncPostbackTrigger and assign that listbox as control.


Of course I added Triggers. These are basic things I need to do to get the AJAX part working.

Still can't figure out what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment