Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LinkButton plays "click sound" (postbacks the whole page?)

Hi,

This is my first post here at the ASP.NET forums and I'm not sure if I'm in the correct category, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

My question concerns the LinkButton when used with AJAX .NET 1.0 RC1. I have a GridView inside a UpdatePanel. Inside that GridView there are various controls, some of them LinkButtons. When I click, for example, a ImageButton the UpdatePanel refreshes without making any "click sound" (the sound that Internet Explorer plays when a new page is requested). However, if I click a LinkButton the click sound is played. Why is this? If I replace all LinkButtons with normal Buttons or ImageButtons no click sound is heard, so the issue seems related to the LinkButton only. Is this behavior by design, or am I doing something wrong? Is the whole page postbacked when I click a LinkButton even if it resides in an UpdatePanel?

Thanks in advance!

If you place a asp:LinkButton in a asp:UpdatePanel and specify asynchronous post back, there should not be the whole page postback.Try to google "Click Sound" of the asp:LinkButton for some ideas.Maybe this is caused by the designers, which there is sound when clicking a asp:LinkButton.

No comments:

Post a Comment