Monday, March 26, 2012

ListSearchExtender - possible to disable the Prompt text?

The ListSearchExtender is a great new control, and works really well, however the prompt text that accompanies is rather superfluous for my needs. Is there a way to disable it?

Not setting the Prompt properties doesnt work as that just defaults to showing the prompt, and setting the prompt text to "" still causes a slight area to be reserved for the text (and overlaps another of my controls). I just dont want any prompts at all...

Possible?

Just to say that I've also tried setting the CSS style of the Prompt to be "display:none", and also position: absolute, top: -500000px etc... but to no avail :(

It would be nice to use this control but I can't if its going to have this text displayed.


Hello there,

I'll see if I can find a way to disable it for you, but in any event I'll make sure that for the next release there is an option to disable it. This is something that came up in the code review as a suggestion, but I didn't have time to implement it before the release.

Regards,

Damian (ListSearch contributor).


Thanks Damian... and thanks for creating the ListSearch too!Yes

If I set the promptCssClass to 'list_search_message' and define 'list_search_message' like this:

.list_search_message
{
display:none;
}

Then I don't see the prompt message ... could you let me now if you don't experience the same thing? I'm using IE7


dmehers:

If I set the promptCssClass to 'list_search_message' and define 'list_search_message' like this:

.list_search_message
{
display:none;
}

Then I don't see the prompt message ... could you let me now if you don't experience the same thing? I'm using IE7

Well dont I feel like a right idiotEmbarrassed Worked a treat, thank you. No dea why it didnt work for me before. Obviously I made some kind of mistake!

Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment