Saturday, March 24, 2012

load external url in page?

I have a treeView that lists SQL Reports available to the user. What I'd like to do is put the treeView into an Update Panel, and some other control that can display an external url, next to the treeView so that when a user clicks on a report, it fetches the contents of the url and displays it without doing a postback. So my question is, are there samples of this out there (I couldn't find any) and if so, what control would allow me to load external content into it (like an iframe)? I realize I could do the same thing with a div or iframe using javascript, but I'd like to use ajax if possible...

Thanks!

eddie

Chao,

I would put the iframe inside the UpdatePanel and the Trigger controling the URL's ID from the treeview. This is similar to having a gridview or any view inside an UpdatePanel with a trigger controlling a button. The button is of course outside the UpdatePanel.

WS

p.s. not responsible for not working ... hihihi ... but that's how i see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment