Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Load UserControl After PageLoad is completed

I'm still pretty new to the ajax / javascript scene, so I'm finding myself stumped on what may be a very simple thing. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I will be very grateful.

What I have is this:

I have a user control that has an update panel wrapped around a listview control that gets data from a data source.

I have a page that has the user control on it.

What I want to happen is for the page to load then the user control to go get its data and refresh the listview. Something like pageflakes. Where the page loads while the widgets are updating themselves, except in this case it will be a user control updating.

Is this possible? If so, can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!

Kendra

http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/07/delay_load_an_updatepanel.html

http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/06/aspnet_ajax_canceling_an_async_1.html


Thank you thank you thank you... i have read tons of Matt's articles and hadn't run across this one yet. Of course, using the right search term helps as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment