Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Loading Async User Controls

I have a web page with multiple user controls which causes my page to load slowly. I've been trying to upgrade the page so that the main parts of the page loads then each user control loads seperatly in an async manner similar to what the mighty pageflakes.com does. I've been search for example on how to do this for the past 3 days, and keep coming up with nothing. Can somebody please point me into a direction or give me an example on how I can load my main page, then load each control in an async manner?

Thanks,
Brandon W.

Look at the AJAX frameworkhere. It'll be a lot easier if you're using web services to feed your data directly to the user controls, but you should be able to leverage the AJAX stuff to get the behavior you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment