Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Loading controls async

I have a control on the frontpage of my site that takes a long time to load, so I want the page to load normally, and then start loading the control asynchronously, so the user will be able to skip to another page if he doesnt want to see the control.

Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Tried with the updatepanel and a timer, and it executes fine, but I'm unable to stop the timer after it does the first Tick event.

The server side timer control has a bug that it cannot be stopped. There are few option like the one suggested in this thread.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1282319.aspx

Alternatively, you can just trigger the load of control in after Atlas finishes loading.


Rama Krishna:

Alternatively, you can just trigger the load of control in after Atlas finishes loading.

How would I do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment