Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Loading Controls usning Ajax after loading the main page

I saw this technique on some pages. The point is that my page is loading very slow due to many user controls on it. Would it be possible to load the page first without the user controls and than load the controls, maybe via Ajax invocation (Update Progress). Any idea how to acomplish this? Any samples?

See this

http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/06/aspnet_ajax_canceling_an_async_1.html


That is not what I was looking for. This is the INITIAL load page process I am talking about. I want to load the whole page first, but without the controls (those take long to load). After the page loads, I want to automaticly execute loading of controls in Ajax manner (with Update Progress)...


I'm interested in hearing options for something of this kind as well.

For my situation, Im communicating to a workflow, which feeds me a collection of controls to be rendered on the page. However, I can not get the collection until an event is handled from the workflow. At present, this means I have to make two round trips for the whole page in order to render the controls handed to the page.

I have attempted triggering a partial page update, but with out any luck in getting the controls to render.


Hi,

This is what you need:Start callback immediately after page loaded

For more information about this topic,seeDelaying Content Load using Timer and UpdatePanel ANDControlling visibility of contents of collapsiblepanel

Best Regards,


Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for! I like the solution with Update Panel and Timer, as it seems the most "clean" for me:http://smarx.com/posts/delayed-load-with-an-updatepanel.aspx

I will send you the link to the page once I done coding. Excellent!


Ok, I have implemented this on my websitewww.zikbay,com. It is loading Featured panel data as delayed using Ajax Timer technique. I have realized also more use for the Ajax Timer control :)

I have also realized there is no point in having modal progress dialog. It is as good as the old Postback, just little faster and looks much nicer. But the user still losses the possibility to interact with the page when the data is loading... I guess that was the reason why ASP>NET AJAX team removed it after Beta:) I was always wondering why would they remove it. I gues they did not want people to start using it by default:)


Delayed is not working correctly if I place it on my master page (for the location control) and than run search page (with grid). I think this has something to do with this mix: AjaxTimer (master)+Updates Panel (master + search page)+ Griodview...

This is the message I am getting:

"Too many users connected to server"


Thanks for providing linkSmile

It will really helpful to me & other people


So do you guys think it makes sense to use modal update progress? I see they use it on codeplex all over? Yet for example google is not using it... I thought to use it maybe little against the whole Ajax idea of allowing the user to interact while the page is loading. wonder what your opinions are on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment