Wednesday, March 21, 2012

loading an xml data island from within an UpdatePanel

Hi,

I am using an xml data island to hold some information client-side so that it's directly available inside client-side event handlers. I update the data island during a postback of an ASP.NET control. Everything works fine until I place the ASP.NET control inside an UpdatePanel so that it can update the control without refreshing the entire page. But now, even though the postback happens and the data island is updated on the server, the client-side copy of the data island doesn't get updated. What I need is to be able to update the control plus the data island, without refreshing the entire page.

I then tried placing the xml data island in a separate update panel that uses the ASP.NET control event as a trigger. That doesn't work because the <xml> tag isn't allowed inside an update panel.

Help! Any ideas?

Whoops. I had omitted the <ContentTemplate> tag inside the UpdatePanel. Now the tag is accepted and everything works. Yea!


MylesRip:

Whoops. I had omitted the <ContentTemplate> tag inside the UpdatePanel

Big Smile Problems that are easily fixed are great, aren't they?

-Damien

No comments:

Post a Comment