Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Loading scripts

Ajax controls always load scripts throw ScriptResource.axd. So we hava many requests to the server. I think if there is a possibility to load these scripts together it will be faster page loading. What do you think about it?

Hi,

did you set your application in debug mode? If so then the debug versions of the javascripts will be loaded each time and remember these debug versions are also bigger then their release versions. You can check your settings in the web.config:<compilation> element.

Grz, Kris.


my problem is not in the big debug files. in the release mode I have the same problem: too much requests to the server. I'm interesting of how can I load ajas scripts not partialy.


Solution is simple. In The new ToolKit release we have new feature "ScriptCombining". It is real working. Tomorrow I'll test it in the real project.

But maybe anybody know ho to do it in with old version of toolkit?


Does anybody use new toolkit? I have less requests to the server but page size is bigger with new options.


Hi,

I compared the results, but there is no significant difference in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment